Monday, January 5, 2009

fxload doesn't load the midisport 2x2 usb at boot

Since I installed the Ubuntu 8.10 generic kernel, (to get rid of a current multicore cpu bug in the -rt kernel version), the midisport 2x2 in my setup isn't loaded at boot anymore.

A quick way to fix it are these three commands:

Do this to remember the x and y values

:~$ lsusb | grep Midi
Bus 00x Device 00y: ID 0763:1001 Midiman MidiSport 2x2


Let the usb filesystems come to the kernel
:~$ sudo mount -t usbfs usbfs /proc/bus/usb/


Load the fish into the usb filesystem with the x and y values you just noted on your hand.
:~$ fxload -I /etc/firmware/ezusbmidi2x2.ihx -D /proc/bus/usb/00x/00y

If you see the little one come to life with a flashing led,
all is well and you can say 'it's OK'.
Man, I feel like I'm helping to write a new Bible, lol.

No comments: