From the LMMS developers list ...
an anouncement for the latest version, and it seems like worth giving a try ...
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 15:45:15 +0200
Subject: [LMMS-devel] Announcement of LMMS 0.3.0
I'm glad to finally announce the availability of LMMS 0.3.0. This release is a
big milestone as it brings lot of new features and (according to my
experiences and the reports of other users) at the same time probably is the
most stable version of LMMS we ever had (which is even more important).
The release had been delayed a few days as Paul and I had to figure out some
major problems with his (new) monophonic LB302-plugin which are fixed now.
LB302 still has known minor issues (which a normal user probably wouldn't
even notice) which will be fixed in 0.3.1.
- of course *lot* of bugs and segfaults were fixed
- added support for effects:
* LADSPA-effects (LMMS includes CAPS as well)
* LMMS' own effects
- better compatibility with several platforms/GCC-versions
- better desktop-integration
- improved automation-editor
- free VST-support (via reverse-engineered header)
- new plugins:
* LB302 (powerful monophonic 303-clone)
* Mallets (STK-frontend)
* Singerbot (Festival-frontend for speech-synthesis)
* Live-Tool (control of bb-tracks at live-performances)
* Kicker (bassdrum-/kick-synthesizer)
* PatMan (sampler for Patch-files)
- obsolete PluckedStringSynth-plugin has been replaced by Vibed-plugin
- added support for compressed project-files
- rewrote parts of internal mixer-core
- added support for note-detuning
- upgrade-feature for properly opening older projects/presets
- improved MIDI-file-import
- added libsamplerate as 3rdparty-code for systems that do not have
- new/improved projects in "cool_songs"-directory
- new samples and presets
- new "Recently opened projects"-menu
The download is available at
Please uninstall LMMS *completely* before installing this version, i.e.
remove /usr/bin/lmms, /usr/lib/lmms and /usr/share/lmms (or /usr/local... ),
otherwise you could experience problems because of obsolete files that
actually do not work anymore etc.
Big thanks to all who helped making up this release!!